It doesn't appear, however, that spring will be upon us any time soon, as they predict the weather will be quite chilly this weekend, with highs in the teens over the coming weekend. Bummer. Though I'm sure you haven't tuned into the blog for the weather report, I would like to say this has been my warmest winter on record. Generally, I'm fairly coldblooded and have to dress appropriately for comfort, which includes layers of shirts, sweaters, scarves, hats, gloves, etc. This year, I have not had to sport the hat, scarf, and gloves very frequently. Either this is because I'm now a walking furnace with the extra body in vivo, or the temps simply haven't been that extreme. Perhaps even a combination of the two, I suppose. Either way, its been nice to be at the same comfort level as George so there are no arguments about turning up the heat, or getting an extra blanket on the bed. Even at work I've been fine in a short sleeve shirt when in the past I've worn scrub jackets for extra warmth. George is hoping that even after the baby is born, I'll be able to maintain this body temperature. Somehow, I doubt it.
Work has been more and more difficult lately. Its just been making me super tired. On the days I don't work, I've been enjoying sleeping in, with more naps, and a little shut eye. I guess I also figure I won't be able to do this once the baby is here, right? But seriously, I've been trying to work my days two in a row and near the end of the second day its all I can do to finish up my work. Whew.
One more pregnancy complaint before I go: I woke up this morning with incredible carpal tunnel. I've had a few small episodes of numb hands, but today they were almost painful to the touch. Yikes. And last week I had to take off my wedding rings because of the swelling in my fingers
Over the weekend, George and I got to go see our friends' 3 week old newborn. It was so much fun to cuddle with their little one. In addition, I really enjoyed hearing about how quickly the pregnancy symptoms will subside once I deliver the baby. No more swelling from extra fluid, no more sciatica or carpal tunnel, no more shortness of breath, no more heartburn. Oh happy day, when we get to meet our new little buddy!
1 comment:
I'm so exicted for you as you get so close! Like you said, enjoy sleep and the time just to be with yourself and as a couple. Are we on the call list???
Post a Comment