Monday, June 16, 2008

Blue Screen Be Gone!

Well, it appears that George may have finally fixed my computer. It has been two days since I have had a visit from the “blue screen of death.” That’s a techie term I have recently added to my vocabulary as a diagnosis for the complete and total shut down of all computer functions without warning. A lovely blue screen with white letters appears giving you a message in some sort of fancy code.

George thought it was the hard drive reaching the end of its lifespan (born on date: 2004). New hard drive (twice as large as my old one) installed, customized, and updated, blue screen of death appearance the next morning. Frustration! Next he thought a “driver” might have been the culprit. I agree with my sister on this one, that’s lingo for “I don’t quite know what the problem is…”

Long story short, George did, in fact, uninstall, update, and wave his magic wand – I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Next computer related mission: obtain reliable internet access. We are supposed to receive a modem for DSL through the mail this week. Yippee! Without internet or TV, George and I have been feeling rather disconnected from the world. At first a retreat from these distractions was welcomed, but now I’m thinking it will be nice to know about current events once again. Not to mention a return to communication with family and friends!

No comments: