Quick notes about Henry:
- He has started having pureed solid foods and absolutely loves the taste of everything we've fed him from sweet potatoes and carrots to applesauce, pears and bananas. Now we just need to find a good balanced diet for him so he doesn't struggle so much with gas and other tummy troubles. (I'm sure that when he's older he'll love that I've posted information about his GI system on a semi-public forum!) That's what happens when he has a nurse for a Momma. We nurses are always concerned with that sort of stuff.
- He figured out how to roll from his back to his tummy. Then he forgot how to get from tummy to back. I've gone into his room in the middle of the night when he wakes up for feeding only to be very confused by what body part I'm grabbing as I sleepily try to wrestle him from his bed because he landed face down. As soon as he gets all this rolling over coordinated, I have a feeling we'll begin the "chasing" phase of parenting.
- The "Henry safe" zone has grown considerably. Gone are the days of holding him on my lap during meals. His range is impressive as he's discovered that these opposable thumbs are incredibly useful for snatching up anything within a 12 inch radius. And his most recent trick is switching objects from hand to hand. It is fascinating to watch him do these things - yay milestones!
- Henry almost sits by himself. Its so funny to see him in a position besides lying down. He is trying very hard to stay upright by himself, but when the balance gives way, the weebles wobble and over he goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment