Ironic that this Labor Day weekend offers me a break from labor and delivery at St. Mary's!
After living in a new place for awhile, I sort of forget what the last place was like. Madison is much tamer than Detroit (duh!), but one of the things that was toughest about Michigan was the incredible aggressiveness of the drivers. Granted, I can drive with the best of 'em, but holy moly, Detroit was an altogether different animal.
I felt like driving there made me into Mr. Wheeler. I remember this cartoon from days of yesteryear, hanging out with the Parr's and watching cartoons before school.
The part in the cartoon about the parking reminds me of trying to fit Grandpa's old boat of a car into a parking spot in Allston. I can't say I miss having to park like that, but I do miss the '85 Caprice.
Hope your weekend is restful.
No comments:
Post a Comment