Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wailing and gnashing of teeth

Henry is discovering his mouth full of teeth. With both uppers and lowers, he was grinding away this morning. I cringe with the creaking of bone on bone.

He has also determined that this week we are going to be super early birds. He thinks 5:00 am is a good time to scream at the top of his lungs. Unsure what to do with him, George and I have been trying to let him work it out. Changing his diaper or giving him Tylenol seems to encourage morning wake up, rather than sleepiness. He refuses to settle into cuddles and instead wants to play. And the "let's give it 10 minutes and see if he stops" finds us watching the numbers on the clock countdown the half hour...45 minutes...hour. Ok. We give up. We'll start the day.

Put on the coffee. Yesterday I had a second cup in the morning. Oh and 3 cans of diet Pepsi to make it through the day. Those who know me know I generally don't drink pop. At all.

No comments: