Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A spring in our step

Spring is in the air, and there is a spring in our step. We are feeling good here with a few days of warm weather. After four days of temps above freezing, I can finally see the pavement on our street. The ice was extra thick (4+ inches!) in front of our house due to a water break in the midst of a horrible cold spell which created a quickly frozen river. So we are happy to have traction once again.

Henry seems slightly confused about being outdoors more frequently. We took him for a walk through the neighborhood and down to a nearby park. Since it has been several months since we've been able to use the stroller, we had to loosen the harness on his stroller quite a bit. My how he's grown, his feet actually rest on the footrest! He's not too sure about walking on the uneven terrain (just the incline of the driveway was enough to throw off his balance and he kept falling over). I wonder how well he'll do in the grass?!

Here he is in the swing just a couple blocks from our house. Sorry for the photo quality. I took it with my phone as I left the camera at the house, but wanted to be sure I captured the memory of a 50 degree afternoon in February!!

Henry's latest tricks include:
*giving high five (thanks Aunt Jennifer & Uncle Steve!)
*giving kisses (it is sooo sweet, but be ready for the open mouth approach!)
*he sings the la-la-la part of La Bamba
*if you're lying on the floor, you are the perfect target for a Henry belly flop! :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

We knew he would love that high five, it's makes him so cool...such a big boy.