It's that time of year again, time for yard clean up. It is relatively easy in Madison, as city crews come to scoop up leaves and branches once you place them curbside. Unfortunately, the schedule they provide to home-owners seems to be more of a rough guideline rather than a reliable calendar indicating which day, specifically, they will be in your neighborhood.
One morning this week, I heard the wood chipper in our area. In a quick, last ditch effort to get a few stacked up before they passed our house, Henry and I threw on some warm clothes right after breakfast and went outside. It was an attempt in vain, but they'll be back again.
Henry loved the task at hand. He enthusiastically grabbed branches and placed them on the pile. Then he'd turn around and shout "more, more branches" and "more sticks." I can easily see why child labor was employed back in the day, they are so WILLING! And for this job, built low to the ground, where the sticks happen to be! I was thrilled to have such a good helper for the job.
Henry mastering even the tricky bigger and forked branches.
No stick is too small -- to the pile!
This is the hard part...careful placement of the load.
No comments:
Post a Comment