Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a lovely Mother's Day. I'm so thankful my mom was here to help our family adjust to life with a newborn once again. I finally got a little sleep (Grant is a voracious eater -- nearly every hour and a half, round the clock!) so it's been a long week. And we had a peak of sunshine for the day, so I took the boys to the park, after a nice family nap.
 _________________
I would like to share a few excerpts from this week's church bulletin that I found to be quite poignant, given my new status of mother to multiple children.  Taken from Fr. Pat's "Pastor's Letter" at Blessed Sacrament parish here in Madison, WI

It's not easy being a parent...The good news is that of the grace of parenthood. God offers his grace that helps us live out our particular vocations (priest, religious, married, single, parent, etc.). The grace that is given is commensurate with the vocation undertaken. God is never stingy with this grace that will help us grow in the life of virtue to which we are called.

No comments: