Wednesday, June 09, 2010

more pictures

Grant is still fussy-pants in the evenings (much to Mommy's dismay), but not nearly so inconsolable (to Mommy's delight)

However, this does mean I still don't have the capacity to use both hands for typing.



Updates:
Grant is doubling the number of chins daily, it seems.  He is still quite the eater and becoming nice and chubby. Our nights are getting a little better, he's stringing together a few more hours of sleep for me (a couple of 3 hour stretches sandwiched between feedings). Overall, he's a pretty easy going baby, doing what babies do best: eat, sleep, poop. Repeat. We've even seen the first smiles and heard some cooing, which is always a lot of fun to see after all the effort parents put in to keep a baby happy.
Henry is showing the signs of "adjustment".  Until this week, he's given Grant plenty of kisses and returns to playing with his cars. George returned to work, however, and there are no visitors, so the attention on a daily basis has decreased dramatically. Henry is now trying to hit Grant, push his friends around, and continues to be Captain NO. It's exhausting and frustrating for me to continue to reinforce the boundaries of acceptable behavior without also coming across as Negative Nancy by using lots of "no's" and "don't's".  
Henry has even been waking at night frequently. I hope that he returns to sleeping through the night again, sleep deprivation leads to crabbiness for him as well.  

The only area he has continued to improve in has been potty training. The week Grant came home from the hospital, Henry decided he'd poop in the potty, and we've had more dry days than wet ones around here. This week I even woke him up one morning to find that his night-time diaper was dry. I'm very glad I put in the effort before Grant was born to provide a good foundation for potty training. It has really paid off. I'm so glad I'm not changing two sets of diapers daily!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

We'd love to come over next Wednesday if you're available.