Sunday, September 12, 2010

Four Month Old Grant


Four month old Grant is so much more than the "baby Grant", who sleeps in the swing or bouncy chair. Four month old Grant is cooing, grabbing, smiling, scooting, nearly sitting, drooling, cutting teeth, and rolling.
Henry dubbed Grant "firefighter"
 We're in a honeymoon period with the boys, I think. Grant is entertained and fascinated with Henry and his whereabouts and whoesy-whats-its, stories, running, and motion. In fact, Grant seems to actually all out miss Henry when it's just me. (Preschool plan back-fire?! I hope not.)

One evening last week, Henry was playing at the neighbor's house and after Grant had napped, diaper-changed, ate, and played, there was nothing I could do to make the boy happy. I checked off everything on the baby essentials list, pulled out some extra mommy attention, and still could not keep the screaming at bay. Henry returned home, Grant was quiet.

Vice versa is equally true. Grant and I took a trip up north for a camp reunion and Henry asked about Grant more than Mama. Their reunion was a collection of sweet smiles and funny noises. Henry loves to get Grant to smile and giggle. And he's quite good at it, too.