Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Look Out

Grant has learned to crawl, so things at the Leydon house are on full alert. Henry is trying to master the concept that Grant can now attain anything that covers the ground and about 2 feet up. I'm always amazed that crawling not only means horizontal mobility, but vertical movement is close behind. I found him standing at the coffee table in no time. Although Henry should be used to sharing (practice with playgroup and preschool), let's face it, he's two, and he's a big brother. Part of me doubts sharing will ever be 50/50. Right now I just hear panicky phrases like "Mom! Grant's getting close to my train track! No, Grant, not that car!"

I have previously alluded to the fact that Grant thinks Henry is funny. Today I realized I really have my work cut out for me regarding Henry's behavior. As I try to emphasize to Henry that Grant is smaller and he shouldn't put his feet on Grant's head, or steam roll him, or Henry should be careful with his body and not run and jump right in front of him, or throw toys up in the air (ok, am I really picky? Am I taking ALL the fun out of childhood?) Anyway, throughout all these antics, Grant laughs. It's not a mystery which influences Henry's actions more, my nagging, or Grant's positive feedback in chuckles.

6 month stats for Grant:
27 inches (68%)
20lbs. 5oz. (88%)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: