(my first thought was, I wonder where he got that? When I reviewed our day it went something like this...played outside in the sandbox near the wooden frame of the herb garden, used the garden rake and shovel to plant bulbs, played at our neighbor's house with a wooden swing, jumped on her tampoline, used sticks as toys, etc. Finding the culprit for said splinter would be hard to pinpoint during one afternoon's adventure.)
Henry lingered between two opposing schools of thought after discovering the splinter. "Fix it! But don't TOUCH it, Mama!" The doctor kit came in handy for debriefing after Papa removed the splinter. George got the job because 1. he's very good at it and 2. he wouldn't have Grant to entertain while attempting the procedure.
Henry was able to remove the multitude of splinters that Papa and I acquired during our evening meal. Each time assuring us that "it won't hurt at all. Doesn't that feel better?" Grant caught on quickly to some physical assessment skills, as well. No matter what tool Grant has in his hand, just open and say "ah" and he'll shove some medical equipment down your throat (note the reflex hammer being used as a tongue depressor below). He's very thorough.
It's a RN triage position at an urgent care clinic. I'll work 4-10pm every other Monday night, and on the off weeks I'll try to pick up a per diem shift. Think headset phone calls, computer scheduling, and a few IV starts. For now it keeps my foot in the door (or, just a toe, given the number of committed hours) and provides a few hours of respite from the kids. Last week I did a full week of orientation, so George was home with the boys during his week of vacation, being Mr. Mom. Our role reversal was truly "walking a mile" in each other's shoes, so more stories to come about our revelations.

1 comment:
Good for you -- hopefully, you'll be working with 'fun' people.
Post a Comment