Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grant E.

 A few words about Grant.
Because I want to remember 
(how could I forget? I don't know, but I continually ask myself if Henry was the same way at times)

Grant is a handful.
And then some.
He's a solid kid, this explorer.
He runs, he climbs, he jumps (or tries to, anyway).
He is a larger than life kid who simply will not be contained.
He insisted on a new car seat (if brother faces forward, why not me?!) Each time we would get in the car he would scramble to climb into Henry's seat.  Sorry, pediatricians, I know you recommend rear facing until age 2 now (seriously?) but Grant insists.
I witnessed him pile his blankets in the corner of his crib and sort of lean way out, head first of course. His first actual escape could be bad news.  We've since limited his linens.
And we've reinstated the high chair straps (sit down, Grant). The Toddler Drive Thru is a last resort for baby Houdini.
And he's just a silly kid.
Trick at supper last night. Silverware tucked under the neck, no hands.
He makes us laugh.
A lot.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: