
On a different note, my sister, Caroline, left for China today. She was describing her itinerary to me on the phone last night, flying from Des Moines, Iowa to Chicago O'Hare for a 13 hour flight to Beijing. Unfortunately, her layover is a whopping 1 hour...so I do hope that she made it onto her flight from Chicago ok. Thank goodness she's traveling with a few other girls that are also in the China exchange program through Drake University teaching English as a second language. Safety in numbers, I say. She is in the city of Shijiazhuang, and we're all anxious to hear about her new adventures. But, she doesn't even arrive in Beijing until Tuesday afternoon, so we'll have to be patient until we hear from her!
Being a good sister and nurse, I did instruct her to get up from her seat, or at least flex her toes to avoid getting a clot in her legs on her long journey.
We've had a roller coaster of weather recently in Michigan. At the end of last week we had some brutal storms zip through the area. Lots of thunder and lightning, and even a few tornadoes. Today and yesterday have been beautiful. The humidity has finally let up and the sun has been shining. That autumn feeling is in the air. So I'm going to get a few things done around the apartment before I have to go to work tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment