We had a most enjoyable weekend watching baseball. The good news is that the Red Sox swept the Angels in the ALDS. Our first baby gifts include some rather important paraphernalia to show team support as a family!In more good news, the Yankees have been eliminated from the post-season!
We also ventured up to an orchard in Armada, MI to pick some apples.Here's a photo of George and Nicholas gathering George's favorite type of apple, the Golden Delicious. He likes to refer to them as "raspberry apples" as that's what he thinks they taste like. Hhmmm. I'll agree that they are very tasty, but I don't know about the raspberry part.
It was a very hot day (in the low 90's), so it was a chore to fill our 1/2 bushel bag. However, the apple cider and donuts we enjoyed after the apple picking were very refreshing! What a treat!
Here's Nicholas, bushed after a day at the orchard. He took advantage of the 45 minute car ride back to the apartment to catch a little shut eye.The next day we had some yummy apple crisp as we watched our baseball game.

Overall, quite an enjoyable weekend. Thanks, Claire and Nicholas, for making the trip out to the land of the great lakes to see us!
1 comment:
I had a great weekend with you guys.
Thanks for posting such a flattering picture of mom and me in the backseat. I'm sure everyone loves to see awkward sleeping photos.
Post a Comment