hee hee hee who.
hee hee hee who.
On Saturday, George and I attended a birthing class at the hospital. Though we both know what happens during the birthing process and have an idea of what to expect, it was good review. The more important details for us included information about where to park, what entrance to use, what to bring, a tour of the birthing suite, and rules about cell phone usage. They also talked quite a bit about relaxation techniques, breathing, and pain relief measures. We practiced some breathing, did a few exercises to relieve back pain, and watched some videos of vaginal births and cesarean sections.
Watching the videos is not exactly my cup of tea. I don't know why. As I write this, I'm realizing its not the first time that watching a video of a procedure has had a negative effect on me. When I went to have my wisdom teeth removed, watching the video made me queasy and I ended up requesting general anesthesia instead of local. The same happened with the video of childbirth. Seeing women in the pains of labor actually decreases my confidence for delivering naturally.
So I guess I'll try to put those images out of my head in the next few months. I figure, if I can tolerate the pain of a broken ankle, climbing back up along the cliff side to the hotel, I can handle labor and delivery. Maybe its similar to the phenomenon of handling needles all day as a nurse, but not wanting to watch if someone else draws my blood.
Anyway, I apologize if this was too much for everyone to read. I'm home alone because I have a few days off. So its just me and lappy -- and the thoughts and words just come flowing out...
:)
Everyone take a nice cleansing breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. It'll be alright.
1 comment:
Char I think the most important thing is just to be open...who knows what your birth experience will be like. All you can do is prepare as much as possible and then let go of any expectations. No matter what--you'll be GREAT and have a beautiful baby to show for it!
Post a Comment