
So, this isn't the most flattering picture of me, but I wanted to get an updated "week of pregnancy" photo posted. It certainly does portray the wear and tear of regular pregnancy on a person. I look like I need a little more sleep. Lately, its become more of a challenge to find a comfy sleeping position, its hard to move around, and I find myself getting short of breath easily as the baby is pushing on my ribs and diaphragm. Unfortunately, sleeping, breathing, and moving around are all activities I like to do on a daily basis! Baby is really starting to cramp my style.
Speaking of cramps, I've also had the joy lately of waking up with a severe charlie horse. I've had leg cramps before and am usually able to stretch it out in my sleepy state. Well, these are a different breed. I have to actually get up out of bed and stand on the leg to release the tetany. Its no wonder my legs are so sore they feel like I've run a marathon. The muscle is actually fatigued by the cramping!
Its a good thing I only have 6 weeks left (if baby comes close to the due date). I'm ready to have my body back!
In other things baby-related, we've been making more preparations at home. My sister, Jennifer, was very generous and gave me two big bags of baby stuff: breast pump, bottles, clothes, blankets, etc. The challenge is finding space for all these things in our little apartment. So, George and I have been rearranging some closet and drawer space to accommodate these items. We've been laughing at the size of the clothes as we folded the laundry. A tiny person is really going to wear this stuff? And who knew something so small would need so much stuff!!?!

3 comments:
Charlotte
YOU'RE LOOKING FABULOUS. DON'T LET THAT LITTLE ONE PUSH YOU AROUND , STAND YOUR GROUND. MY MOuth IS WATERING AFTER I READ THAT DESCRIPTION OF THE BITHDAY MEAL. LOVE TO ALL
CLAIRE
Charlotte,
Only 6 weeks left! WOW, you look great. The last month is tough in the comfort department. But enjoy the quiet you have in your house right now:) I can't wait to hear all about baby Leydon!
I am so excited for you guys! What a fun time! Do you know if Angie had her baby yet? I'm 25 weeks today - it seems like the end is right around the corner and then to think you are 33 weeks - Yay! :)
Did you take birthing classes?
Post a Comment