2008 was a milestone year for us in so many ways.
- Henry! The lyrics of that new Christmas song sum it up nicely, a baby changes everything. Our life has slowed down a bit. We spend more time tickling, rocking, gabbing, playing, singing, reading and making funny faces. We shower with rubber ducky, Cheerios litter the back seat of our car, and every day I nearly kill myself as I slip on an abandoned match box car.
- Graduation! George graduated from medical school and began his residency in family practice. The road was long and difficult, but his dedication and hard work paid off. We are very happy to be a part of the top notch residency program, and we are enjoying life in Madison, Wisconsin.
- New House! Moving with a baby (twice) was a huge challenge this year. As I've said before, and I'll say it again, it feels good to be settling into a permanent living situation. Slowly and surely we are making our new house a home.
While 2008 brought many of our friends and family heartache, financial stress, or other burdens, I am sad to see it go. 2009, in our book, will have a tough act to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment