Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I love it when a plan comes together


Frankenstein home project.
We were using rabbit ears for our TV reception. We don't have cable or anything. It's been terrible. Horrendous, actually. Constantly adjusting the 'ears'.
So, with most things, I google it so see what there is to do. The amount of information is crazy. So, instead of buying an outdoor antenna (50-70 bucks) and hooking it up where the previous owner's dish was on the roof, I built one out of coat hangers and scrap wood - junk in our garage. Thanks youtube. Screwed it onto the old dish. At least the grey eyesore was good for something.

And how does it work? You'd swear we had cable tv with how clear it comes in.

Best $3 we ever spent.

I'm thankful for
* sunny warm weekends for home projects
* the sharing of information on the interwebs
* extra sleep

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I have another friend who posted the same link. Must be a good one.

Jocelyn said...

That's fantastic!