Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring = Change

I'm loving the first flowers of spring. They are so bright (and fragrant!). Henry and I are taking time to stop and smell the flowers. All of them. This includes the earliest of dandelions, as two year old eyes don't really distinguish between weeds and flowers.

When I planted bulbs last fall, my thoughts were entirely on the new baby. I knew that when we'd see blossoms, we'd be soon seeing our new little baby. It's excited to see (and know that we'll soon see) what has been hibernating through the long Wisconsin winter. It's been another life's lesson in patience, anticipation, and preparation.  Signs of new life are everywhere. Spring is definitely my favorite season.

And spring means change.  We took down Henry's crib as he's been sleeping in his "big boy bed" for a week solid. So there is currently no crib in our house. It feels strange. Henry is getting so big, so fast!  The good news is that the naps were back this week. My hope is that it was Henry's "unsettled" sleeping arrangements that were throwing off his schedule. Now that the big bed is the place to be, naps have been easier. Thank goodness! I needed a few naps this week!

This last image is from our walk last night. The big park near our house harbors some wonderful wildlife (well, wonderful for city-kids, looking to learn about nature first hand. Not so much for horticulturalists). George spotted a deer and it was all Henry could talk about the rest of the evening. He wanted to "run to the deer" - so you can imagine how that worked out. We got to see a little white flag and a leaping deer return to the woods!

No comments: