He's the scientist right now. Testing gravity's pull on every object. Food thrown from high chair, toys down the stairs, binkie over the side of the crib. Pick it up. Repeat. He is also a collector. I found a little box Grant was playing with, which contained a rattle, pig figurine, small book, and a matchbox car in it. He likes to see what fits, and what doesn't, and how it sounds when shaken. He trys out many items from the flotsam and jetsam our house holds.
Last Monday we stayed at Henry's preschool for snack day. While I was trying to actually be a helper (getting snow gear on for outdoor playtime) Grant decided he could finally get a little time to explore on his own. I turned around from the line of kids to find that Grant had taste-tested the big, globby paintbrush at the easel. A bright blue line led from his ear to his mouth (only a seasoned parent at this point can boast that the first thought in my head was where is my camera! rather than I hope that paint is non-toxic...) Our days of "helping" at preschool are soon to be limited, I'm afraid. Won't be long and I'll have to drag Grant away from drop off kicking and screaming, I'm sure.
Here are his 9 month stats from the doctor's visit:
Height: 29 inches (79.8%)
Weight: 22 lbs (76.6%)

1 comment:
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2011/01/31/the-oversmile-3/
Post a Comment