Friday, July 01, 2011
This is the end, my friend.
The beginning of the end is here! George's "graduation" was on Saturday, June 25th. As the program director reminded everyone, this will most likely be the last ceremony marking the end of study for most people in the room. They are booting the residents from the nest and the real doctors will really be ready to be real doctors!
George has a few more weeks because he took a paternity leave when Grant was born, but we are counting down the days! Woo hoo! Congrats, George, on all the hard work for the past 3 years!
On a side note, I learned in the last weeks of his residency that George has been diagnosed with a very special gift:
Apparently, George has an ability that his fellow faculty and staff call "mind scrambling". Short story version: George is so thorough in his explanations, and goes into such depth, that people often leave even more confused by the knowledge of all the newly learned details. I am confident that he has refined this technique and will only use his powers for good in the future, but I'm sure the boys will love to experience this during their school years. Personally, it sounds vaguely familiar as I recall a math homework session with my dad that left me even more confused after the explanation turned to multiplication when all that was necessary was simple addition.
Labels:
Residency
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment