Friday, January 06, 2012

Christmas musts in Madison

We had a lovely season preparing for Advent. Like I said before, opening the doors on the calendar were the highlights of the day, right after breakfast. I was very proud of the kids taking turns opening the door and placing the figurine into the nativity scene.

Grant pretends to make a special delivery as I wrapped gifts to Henry's teachers
Another Leydon Christmas tradition in Madison is to make a special trip downtown and view the "holiday tree" inside the capitol. The train underneath is quite entertaining.

Grant learned how to say "capitol" (which also helps him with the word "helicopter"), but he has developed his own joke of denying us the pleasure of hearing it.  Every time we ask Grant to say capitol, he grins and says "noooo."  It successfully drives Henry crazy that Grant won't comply with this request. Amazingly, there is really no fooling him.  In the midst of a long list of "Grant say...(green, yellow, tree, dog, etc)" he will not fall for "capitol" being substituted in the middle of the list.


No comments: