Brr! I've closed the windows to keep the heat in the apartment because it's a mere 60 degrees here today. While I appreciate the cooler weather for sleeping, I've also had to dig out the long pants and long sleeve shirts. Yesterday I baked pumpkin bread and the heat from the oven helped, and the fragrance radiating from the oven was wonderful - and very fall-like. In addition, I'm drinking hot chocolate as I blog, so that is another indication that something has changed.
Perhaps its a sign of things to come, I haven't baked or cooked anything in ages. So just maybe I'm over that hurdle from early pregnancy (plus in the heat of summer, I never feel like cooking - so it was sort of a double whammy). I'm even contemplating making a broccoli soup. The dilemma is that I'm leaving on Friday to make a trip to Madison, WI to see George. Therefore, I don't want a lot of food around to go bad while I'm gone for four days.
Last night I went out to dinner with a friend from work. She took me to a place called the "Harbor House" with an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet, but you order items from a list and they bring it to you. It was all very tasty and well-prepared. I started with fish and chips (but it was not the regular pub food type, rather a nice dill seasoned baked whitefish) and then had some shrimp scampi. It was probably the most food that I've eaten in one sitting since June. Fresh bread and salad bar were included as sides, as well. Such a treat! This is definitely a new favorite in the area - I'm sure George could do some major damage there and it will quickly be a place we take our visitors!
No comments:
Post a Comment