Friday, March 21, 2008

Smiles in the Snow


I'm pretty sure we saw our first smile today! What a delight! And it wasn't followed by spit up, so I know it wasn't attributed to gas.

I was so excited that I wanted to try to get a picture...but the repeat performance has been a little elusive, at least for the camera lens.

George had a surprise half day today. So he was home early and got to see a smile, too. Yay!

We are spending Good Friday being "snowed in" as they are predicting 5"-10" of snow overnight. I'm really glad that George is already home and isn't struggling through his lengthy afternoon commute dealing with snow on the Detroit freeways.

I had my post partum visit today and Henry was a good boy during the trip to the clinic. He didn't sleep, but he stayed quiet. It was nice to introduce him to the people in the office. After all, he had been going there for at least 7 months.

Sort of an odd feeling to be leaving and saying goodbye. Since we are going to Madison, we won't be back. Saying goodbye was kind of sad because I really liked my OB doc. All the prenatal visits are such a consistent part of your life for what seems like ages. Then there's the birth, which develops more of an emotional attachment as well.

Geesh, maybe its the holidays...or I'm just hopped up on hormones. I didn't intend to be this sappy when I sat down to write this post!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Charlotte! He's DARLING. I'm SO excited for your move to Madtown. I can't wait to hear all about it. When do you move?