I returned to work over the weekend. It was actually nice to be back and see some of my work friends and be able to share pictures and stories of Henry with them. I shortened my leave by two weeks so I could head back to work and give my two weeks notice. This way I wouldn't have to worry about time off for George's graduation and getting my hours in before we leave for Wisconsin. So it feels good to know that my time is limited in the MICU and just enjoy a few days of adult time before returning to full time work as a mommy.
Thankfully, George has had good "Mr. Mom" time with Henry, who decided to cut him some slack and drink from a bottle and take naps. At least for the first two days he did this...the third day in a row I think Henry was missing his momma because he fussed all afternoon and was pretty cuddly when I got home. Twelve hour shifts are such a long time to be away from baby! George did bring him to the hospital over my lunch hour so I could feed him and see him.
After a few months off, I was wondering how I might feel about work as a nurse. For sure, after my experience in the hospital and having my own nurses care for me, I'm fairly certain that ICU nurses truly earn their money. We work hard and have a lot to do during our shift. Not that other nursing fields are any less busy, but as the name suggests, the intensive care unit is certainly intense! I admit, I felt a little rusty after not thinking like a nurse for several weeks, but I have some really supportive co-workers who were happy to assist me when I needed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment