Sunday, February 07, 2010

Moo!

We do live in Wisconsin, after all.

Henry and I enjoyed a day "Celebrating Youth" at the Monona Terrace. We needed to get out of the house, and this event provided us with much needed distraction and a place to run around, without boots, coats, mittens, hats, etc.

The highlights:
* traditional Mexican music, provided in part by our neighbor boy's uncle (it's nice to have an "in" and learn about events like this in the community)
* traditional Native American drumming
* Balloons! "SO pretty" -- Henry gasps and quickly starts naming colors.
* Mascots. A complete surprise because Henry can be a little shy at times. I don't blame him when it comes to people (who must remain mute?) in costume, dressed as animals, or other objects -- a giant heart?! But he warmed up to this idea when encouraged with the "just give a high five". And soon he was all hugs.

In this photo, I felt a little sympathy for the cow. Henry just kept shouting "MOO!" at the poor thing. The mascot would nod, but didn't really say anything. He was relentless. I guess he was expecting the cow to actually moo. Though he did provide a lot of hugs.

No comments: