Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hope and Hearts Run

I've been meaning to catch up on a few things on the blog, so bear with me as I recap a few important events from September.

On the first weekend in September, Henry and I made the trek up to the Twin Cities and were able to see some friends. In particular, we spent some time with the Palzer family. I had the pleasure of living with Ann shortly after I graduated from college, and while I was living and working in St. Paul, they kindly assumed the role of a surrogate family. Although it was wonderful to play with her two year old son, Kiefer, and catch up with everyone, it was a difficult weekend at times. We were also there to participate in an event to support the Missing Grace foundation in celebration of Elias James' life, which ended prematurely during Ann's sixth month of pregnancy. I'm amazed by the strength and courage that Ann and her husband, Aaron, have exhibited during the healing process to grieve the loss of their second son. Elias remains in our thoughts and prayers.
(Henry caught a quick nap before the 5K)


I wanted to share a few pictures from the 5K -- we were fortunate to have a beautiful morning for the walk/run. Here's Ann with Lake Harriet in the background and a view of downtown Minneapolis.

No comments: