Friday, February 15, 2008

Prenatal Appointments

We (probably mostly me) are getting a little impatient here as the due date approaches. I had an appointment today, and unfortunately nothing has really changed since last week. All my doctor can really tell me is that my cervix is softening and I'm maybe a centimeter dilated. Not very promising, but I'm still hoping.

Next week I'll have to go for fetal non-stress testing and ultrasound to be sure amniotic fluid levels are ok, since I'll most likely be passing the due date. This is just to monitor baby's condition and decide if they'll induce depending on how long I go without delivering and the situation for baby.

I find this quite frustrating, as that means more appointments and time at the clinic -- another reason we're happy to live close to the hospital, but it sure would be nice to simply move from "expectant mother" to "motherhood"! I guess the important thing is baby will come when baby is good and ready. No matter how "ready" Big Momma feels.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I was 2 days overdue - really no time at all when looking back. But I can totally understand how hard it is to wait to meet this little angel! I'll be praying for a great delivery and can't wait to read your next post! Good luck!