Whew. I'm getting that blog withdrawal itch! Henry and I have been napping and snacking this morning. I think that he's making up for the fewer zzz's he took yesterday. He was so awake and alert for a few hours at a time yesterday and he wore himself out. So now he's in the middle of another cat nap and I can get a few posts up without being interrupted (at least that is the hope...)
I wanted to be sure the explanation for his name was posted. George and I felt enormous pressure when trying to decide what our new little person was going to be called for the REST OF HIS LIFE. So we were racking our brains for a suitable name. George and I are both named for people in our family history, so we wanted the same for our baby.
Henry is a family name (his great-great-grandfather on my mother's side), while Adam is derived from Jane Addams. This was the name given to our group of volunteers in California, where George and I met.
We thought this name would be unique for him, as I don't know very many Henry's, but it turns out as people hear it they say "oh, so & so has a baby Henry", or "that's the name so & so is naming their baby." Perhaps we've merely stumbled across the latest trend. Either way, we think it fits him. The name Henry means "home ruler" - derived from estate ruler. And right now, he certainly rules the roost. So its a go!
No comments:
Post a Comment